Monday, April 7, 2014

Non-Tallow Shaving Soap

In an email on ebay this morning I was asked if I offered a non-tallow shaving soap.  While I do have my DdC soap which is more of a croap than a hard soap and my KISS cream which is a soft cream I decided to bring back my non-tallow shaving soap.  The shaving soap will become very hard just like my tallow & lanolin version after the excess liquid evaporates out.

I just made up a batch and poured it into a log mold that weighs a bit more than 2 pounds.   From that just like my other shaving soap can be taken and scented an individual products.



The ingredients below are given in alphabetical order in the different categories to help showcase the different ingredients that are used.   However they will be correct on the product label in accordance to the FDA regulations.

Liquids Used : Aloe Vera Juice
Oils Used : Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Jojoba, Palm Oil, Unrefined Shea Butter
Other Ingredients Used : Glycerin, Kaolin Clay, Raw Silk Fibers, Sodium Lactate, Stearic Acid, Sugar, Tocopherols
Scent : Fragrance Oil or Essential Oils are optional

The oils in this shaving soap are saponified by both sodium hydroxide and potassium hydroxide.

This will be available as soon as I can create listings for this new product and it will be available in sample pucks, all the various sizes of the pucks that I offer, shave sticks and in jars.
  

No comments: