Saturday, February 20, 2010

Family Emergency

The next two weeks are going to be very busy.  I am going to temporary close my store for a very short time while I am away from home on a family emergency.   My mother brain tumor may have returned.  The doctors at the Mayo Clinic, Rochester can't tell from the most recent MRI if there is new growth or if it's scar tissue.   But they won't know for sure until they do surgery.  So my family and I will be leaving on Thursday to be there by Friday (26th0  when the surgery will take place.

So in the mean time I have luggage to pack and arrangements to make to prepare for our trip.   Plus on Tuesday I have an out of town apts for my son in Grand Forks which will be an all day affair between the two apts that are set up for him.  And he needs those right now so they can't be rescheduled. 

I don't know when I will be returning the following week, but I will reopen once I return home.   I will have internet access through the hospital that the Mayo Clinic uses as well as at the hotel we will be staying at so I will be keeping in touch and answering any questions that might come up. 

All current orders are completed and mailed out.  I have returned quantities for sale on all items to zero except for shave soap.  Those I will continue to make until Monday night.  Then I will also return the quantities to zero until I return.

2 comments:

Clare Marie said...

Oh K I'm so sorry to read about your mother {{{hugs}}} Please try to take care of yourself while taking care of everyone else, and know I'm thinking of you and sending lots of energy towards a positive outcome!

Topcat said...

Sending you lots of positive, healing thoughts for a safe outcome for your Mom...and for your son too.