Thursday, December 6, 2012

Faux Vintage Williams Shaving Soap (Walters Shave Soap)

I've been busy in the kitchen the last few days and I made up 4 batches of my Walters Shaving Soap.
http://prairie-creations.com/pc/index.php?cPath=95

Lemon

Rose

Lavender

No Added Scent


This has gotten wonderful reviews from my customers!   Give it a try for yourself!

I took this on as a bit of a dare, to try to reproduce this wonderful product.  The current shaving soap does NOT lather the same as the vintage.    Here is a list of ingredients that are on the vintage Williams Shaving Soap box. 


Here is the list of my own ingredients.   Tallow, Stearic Acid, Water, Coconut Oil, Sodium Hydroxide, Potassium Hydroxide, Fragrance (optional), Titanium Dioxide

I don't claim this to be exactly like the real vintage shave soap, but personally after trying the real vintage Williams shave soap I do like my version better.  I think it provides a much better lather that isn't prone to dissipating. 

Next week I will be making several more batches in different scents!  Something for everybody!

Give it a try for yourself!



No comments: