Monday, May 6, 2013

2 New Jars For Shaving Soaps



This new jar arrived last week.   It is a generous 4 inches across and 2 inches tall.   I put my DdC shaving soap in it, that's my faux MdC version and when filled the contents not including the jar weighed a whopping 10 1/2 ounces!   Because it's so large you the customer gets to select if you want it filled with 5 oz, 6 oz, 7 oz, 8 oz, 9 oz or a full 10.5 ounces!  The base price is $17.00 and goes up $1.50 per ounce to a maximum of $25 dollars.




But I also found a jar I had used some years ago for my shaving soap.  So I'm going to bring it back.  I just ordered it today and it was shipped out today via UPS.  The tracking doesn't have an ETA yet.  But it's a bit smaller and I've filled it with 4+ ounces of shaving soap.  I took the one jar I found and filled it.  It's a bit over 3" in diameter and is commonly used by other soapers as well.



Here is a photo of the two jars side by side so you can see the difference!


Both of these jars will be used for my Tallow & Lanolin shaving soap as well as my DdC (faux MdC) shaving soap.  This way it gives you the buyer to decide what size jar you want as well as how full you want it filled.  The more I put into the jar the more you save.

No comments: