Tuesday, March 18, 2014

New Fragrances Order #1

Order 1 of 6

There are several companies that I order my scents from, and this is the first order of a couple of them to re-stock fragrances and essential oils and try some new ones.

I was running low on Old Spice so I thought I would order a few others while I was at it.




The last time I had ordered I had gotten a sample of Royal Water Creed for those that are familiar with Green Irish Tweed also by Creed you may like this one as well.  With a previous order I had gotten a sample of Royal Water Creed and found it to be amazing!  I didn't have much of it but it was enough to know that I wanted to order a larger bottle of.

Fresh and cool, it's an invigorating celebration of personal spirit and a tribute to the next generation of the House of Windsor.  Regal, refined, yet refreshingly approachable – just like the young royals. Royal Water captures the glamour, energy and power of tomorrow's international news-makers.
* Top note: Fresh citrus infusion with peppermint
* Middle note: Juniper berry, basil
* Base note: Musk, ambergris




The next scent is Eau D'Orange Verte Herms, and is one that I have a vague memory of, but I also know it's still a beloved scent by many men.   As a child/teen I grew up overseas as an expat in SE Asia, and there were a few times that my mom got a call from her sister saying my grandmother was doing poorly and didn't think she would survive the night.  (She did survive by some miracle, and although wasn't the same because of so many small strokes.  She passed away peacefully Christmas Day 1991, less than a year after we returned to the United States for good I think she was waiting for that moment.)  The office of the company my dad worked for arranged airline tickets for my mum and she left us immediately to return to her mum's bedside.  Since we had frequent flier mile plan with Northwest Orient that's what they booked her on between Hong Kong and Grand Forks ND and booked her first class.  In the 80's this was the cologne added into their amenity kit handed out during long haul international flights and when my mum got back home she gave those amenity kits to me.   I haven't used this particular scent before, nor have I smelled the original scent in many years, so I can't say if it will be an exact dupe, but it did have some really good reviews by others on the site where I ordered it from.  

Hermès Colognes are generous, figurative expressions of simple pleasures. Sparkling and invigorating, it carries the green freshness of an explosion of oranges with a woody signature. Citrus, minty, woody.




This next scent I have changed the name of to suit me.   The original name was Komodo which is an animal found in Indonesia, but since I grew up there as an expat as a child/teen and attended the JIS (Jakarta International School) for ten years the Komodo Dragon was also our school mascot.  Given the discription I decided to call this one what we called our swim team..... AquaDragons!   I was privileged enough that the company my dad worked for had places for their employees to go to for a little R&R out of the city.  One of the places was what we nicked named "the islands".  It was one of the islands leased out by Pulau Putri.  It had three cabins, each slept 10 so I always brought out my friends and each cabin had their own boat, driver and unlimited amount of petrol.  What kid wouldn't like that!!!   The other was various houses they leased up in the mountains known a Puncak, around the well known area of Puncak Pass.  Curvy roads and horses you can rent as you trot along the rice paddies and the busy roads.  Good local food and buying fruits and vegetables at local stands by the road are some of my favorite memories.   But while at the houses we had tennis courts and swimming pools to keep us busy.  One even had a pool table which was quite fun! And again I brought my friends with, just fewer than the islands because we drove ourselves up to the pass so that meant one or two friends depending if it was before or after my brother graduated.

Masculine, fresh, airy and aquatic, but with reminiscent notes of mountain herbal tea, lemon peel, lavender, jasmine and mint.



Given the company offers the option to try some free scents depending on the dollar amount of your order I also selected the following scents.

* Fresh Milk ~ Creamy and very sweet, with ever so light accents of creamy florals.

* Milk ~ Our truest milk fragrance. Great in blends, to bring a warm creamy note or as a soft standalone.

* Stetson ~ Ooooh I am a sucker for this one myself, and even though I know it's a cheap drug store scent it's one I do love on a man...... It's described as being rich, masculine blend of rugged woods and spice scents.

* Jazz ~ A hip masculine scent for its time, this refreshing, spicy, lavender, amber fragrance.




Plus 4 scents of their choice.....
Edited to add the scents they sent me are as follows....

* 212 Sexy type (womans) ~ Top : Bergamot and Pink Pepper ~ Middle : Geranium, Gardenia, Cotton Candy ~ Base : Vanilla, Musk, Sandalwood

* Moss ~ no description given on their website, I hate when they do that. But it's a very green and earthy scent that is quite lovely.

* Puppy Breath ~ Playful, milky with hints of dirt, grass and mischief. (pretty accurate)

* Rain Forest Bloom ~ Green ozonic top notes with a clean linen and wild rose floral heart ending with damp earth, moss and woodland musk.

No comments: