Friday, July 2, 2010

Tallow Shaving Cream (still in testing)

This is something that I have wanted to do for awhile now, but just haven't taken the time to do it.  Although I have dabbled with liquid soaps I had never attempted to make a cream soap before. 

My first batch didn't work out as well as I wanted.  In fact, I believe the whole lot will find a home in a trash bag and placed in my trash can outside.  The lather was lousy to say the least.  But it wasn't a complete waste because it did get me thinking to set me in the right direction.

My second batch was made up, and I'm actually quite impressed with it.   I've had a chance to play with it a few times.  It really likes water, but when you give it what it wants, or is that needs the lather just explodes before your eyes. 

Today I built up my lather and left it for awhile to see what it would do.   The kids are home, and lest to say I became distracted and it was forgotten.   When I came back a few hours later the lather was still in my bowl.  Not only was it in my bowl, but I swirled my brush around and the creamy lather was just as great if not even better.    So I'm hoping i get some good reviews from those that are going to test this for me. 

You can find the results here,
http://www.prairie-creations.info/product-tester-comments-reviews-f10/blue-tallow-shave-cream-sample-2-t2.htm

If not it's back to the drawing board. 


Oh and did I mention this isn't just a tallow shaving soap, but it also contains avocado oil as well as unrefined shea butter.   I know I've been asked about those two ingredients a time or two.

No comments: